Several manufacturing industries require a wide range of materials that are precisely cut to specifications to fabricate products of various types. To perform the cutting accurately, there are several methods in practice. Which is the mostly used and widely popular cutting method amongst the many?
This blog is meant to familiarize you with, abrasive water jet cutting – the safe and eco-friendly cutting solution.
Why Avail Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Services?
Abrasive waterjet cutting offers exceptional accuracy, whilst preserving the structure and performance of the work piece. As the name implies, the technique utilizes a high velocity stream of water (about 40,000 to 60,000 psi) and an abrasive to perform the task. There are no fumes, and heat generated during and after the cutting, making it an eco-friendly solution.
Today, customers from varied industrial sectors prefer availing abrasive water jet cutting services than traditional plasma and Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) methods. The following are the reasons that accounted for the wide acceptance of waterjet cutting.
- The accuracy and edge quality provided by abrasive waterjet cutting is superior to plasma or EDM cutting.
- Thick materials can be cut to specifications using waterjet. This is not the case with traditional cutting technique (plasma can handle up to 2″ thick materials, and laser about 0.75″ thick).
- Abrasive cutting provides clean cuts, without any burr and Heat Affected Zone (HAZs).
- When compared to several traditional cutting methods, abrasive water jet cutting is an extremely versatile process, generating only a nominal amount of scraps.
- Abrasive cutting requires no additional or secondary operations as it can achieve high accuracies of up to +/- 0.001″. On the other hand, plasma or EDM cutting demands secondary operation to achieve accurate and clean cutting edges.
- Abrasive waterjet is faster than plasma, laser and EDM methods.
Green Cutting Technique Compatible with a Wide Range of Materials
Avail abrasive waterjet cutting services when your requirements call for cutting heat sensitive, reflective, and conductive materials. The technique is compatible with virtually any material, including:
- Stainless steel
- Carbon fiber
- Granite and Marble
- Tiles and Stones
However, when it comes to plasma or laser cutting, there are high chances of material distortion and wastage as they generate heat. Hence, these methods are not usually preferred for cutting sensitive materials that may damage or melt when exposed to heat.
Ensuring Safe and Fast Cutting
Nowadays, customers from varied industrial sectors opt for abrasive water jet cutting services to create clean, and burr free parts to precise dimensions. Over the years, it has been widely replacing several traditional cutting methods across industries such as:
- Oil and Gas
- Military and Defense
- Power and Utilities
Abrasive waterjet cutting services present you with infinite possibilities to cut materials to any shape and size. Avail the service that guarantees high-quality part finish at prices lower than you expected.