Waterjet cutting is an amazing technology, rapidly replacing several other traditional cutting methods. By utilizing the earth’s most common resource, water, the technique can make precise cuts on a wide variety of materials. When your requirements call for cutting parts in an economical way with the greatest accuracy, consider availing waterjet cutting services.
When compared to traditional methods like plasma, laser, and EDM cutting, waterjet cutting offers several benefits. This blog attempts to list most of these benefits.
5 Reasons to Avail Waterjet Cutting Services
Several reasons account for the popularity of the waterjet cutting technique. A few of them are listed below.
- Versatile – As mentioned earlier in the post, the waterjet cutting method is compatible with a wide range of products. Even heat sensitive and conductive materials can be cut to exact specifications utilizing the technique. It can be chosen to cut:
- Glass – Can cut even delicate lead light glass and thick bullet proof glass.
- Stone – The technique allows for making intricate patterns on both natural and man-made stones.
- Metals – The technique can be employed to cut up to 200mm (8″) thick stainless steel. Be it a ferrous or non-ferrous metal, waterjet can make clean and burr-free cuts to customers’ specifications.
- Foam and Rubber – These materials are sensitive to heat. Plasma and EDM techniques generate heat, which may affect their structure. However, waterjet cutting generates no heat or fumes, which allows these materials to be cut easily and in a wide variety of specifications.
- Powerful – The technique utilizes a high velocity stream of water (about 40,000 to 60,000 psi) to do the job. This water stream is extremely powerful and can cut up to 200mm (8″) thick steel, whilst achieving close tolerance levels.
- Accurate – Accuracy provided by waterjet cutting is comparable to none. There are no frayed edges or burrs produced in the work piece, eliminating any secondary operation.
- Flexible – Easy set up and programming allows cutting any two-dimensional shape quickly and precisely.
- Clean – There is no burning process involved in this cutting technique. Hence, no toxic gases or fumes generated as by products. Otherwise known as a cold cutting process, the method largely contributes in environmental sustainability.
Waterjet Cutting Services in Pennsylvania
Several benefits are associated with waterjet cutting. Owing to its wide acceptance, several companies are offering this service. However, choosing the best service provider is of paramount importance to achieve the desired results. If you are looking for a reliable waterjet cutting service provider in and around Pennsylvania, United States, then consider Hydro-Lazer, Inc. Since 1985, the company has been providing value-added waterjet cutting solutions across industries.